Sunday, August 30, 2009

It is kind of Goofy but I will do it anyway

So I realized yesterday that I am running in Florida in August. Why hadn't I realized that before?Well I did know my address but what I didn't think about was that not everyone runs in Florida. If you don't run at 6:30 am, you are screwed. It was sticky wet even at that time. But one of the upsides running in Florida? Mostly doesn't rain in the mornings (I haven't done a rain run yet). And my race is in Florida so I will be prepared. Well except that the race is in January in Orlando and it has been known to be in the 50s at times. (I know, brrrrr.)

So many (most) of my friends and relatives think I am crazy. I think I am making some of them sick from reading about running. Such a weird concept to run when no one is chasing you or you are not trying to get away from a creepy gang of guys. Most of my running consisted of running to the car when it was raining, running to the store (ok that was just a figurative of speech because I was actually driving), running the dishwasher (hmm maybe that doesn't count), running my mouth when stupid people are in my way on the road (again, car), running after one of the kids when they were toddlers and wouldn't stop when I said stop (ok that was yesterday). So running was slightly foreign to me. Other than as a nice quick warm up at the gym before the real workout (strength training). That workout I love.

I am not a runner. I am not a runner. I am not a runner. Yet, I am about to look at my schedule for the week to see when I get to run next. I just bought headphones that won't slip off my ears when I do use my iphone (not allowed to in the official training on Saturday mornings but that is ok because I am talking most of the time to my teammates). I just bought a water pack because now I know what kind I like. I think about running a lot. Mostly before it was because I dreaded it but kept telling myself the Team in Training mantra ("it is better than chemo..."). Can't argue that one. Yesterday something happened. I realized that I kind of like it. My legs like it (well not this morning but over all it is very trimming!). I felt elevated yesterday. OMG I am a runner. Now that is Goofy.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You totally ARE a runner. Welcome to the craz club. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - thanks, Jor. It is fun after all. ;)

    ReplyDelete