Saturday, September 12, 2009

So many reasons why I do this

I ran 5 miles this morning. Actually 5.8. Pretty impressed with myself. Never done 5 miles before. I was pretty exhausted afterwards. And thinking about myself. Then a woman spoke afterwards about nutrition and she talked about why she supports Team in Training and runs too. She said that 3 weeks after getting married (6 years ago), right after her honeymoon, her new husband went to the doctor to get some things checked out and found out he had leukemia. His entire body was filled with cancer. A lot to deal with for anyone...but just as you are starting out your life together...

Anyway, he started some aggressive treatment and in the middle of it she found out she was pregnant. She said they were throwing up together (again such a romantic beginning to a marriage). Well thanks to a new drug, he has been cancer free for the past year and a half. They have 2 healthy daughters. She attributes her blessings to the new drug. The doctors cannot make new drugs without money. That is where you come in. Please help this cause. Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone could survive cancer? I know my life would be totally different if that was the case. I lost my parents because doctors don't have all the answers yet. I will run as much as I can if I think it will help. Please support my mission. Thank you!

http://pages.teamintraining.org/sfl/wdw10/llubin

No comments:

Post a Comment